Name:
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States

Sunday, March 19, 2006

A+ Certification

So one of my MBOs (goals that affect whether we get our bonuses or not) at work for the first 6 months of this year is that I obtain my A+ Certification. It's on my MBOs becuase the company basically told me they wanted me to get it ASAP.

So studying for the exam is what I have been spending alot of my time doing outside of work. My boss wanted me to actually go register fo a class at PCC or something but I kind of refused to do that. So I got a course on CD from one of the other people at work.

The annoying thing about the course on CD is that I have to sit down and watch all of the video sections even though I already know most of this stuff from past exeperience. There is just enough stuff that I don't know, that I have to watch everything to find the 1 or 2 facts in each segment that I don't know. It's very time consuming. (Just the hardware section is 55 hours of material.)

The guy giving the lectures talks to you like you are three and repeats himself alot. I want to shoot him most of the time. The other part of the time I want to shoot myself so I don't have to listen to him anymore. But I only have a few sections left on the hardware and then I get to move the software. Then I plan to review and take the exam.

Oh and then I get to pick what the next certification I am going for will be.

Ah the joys of being an IT professional.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sampson said...

what do you think you are going to pick?

huzzah for free education! huzzah!!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Angele said...

CMSDT-I think thats the right letters for it. It's the Windows XP certification.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger nobbit said...

Angele, can you please email me your mailing address? I can't find it. We've got an invitation for you:)

Saturday, May 06, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Sampson said...

I am a bad friend. i don't call when I say I will. I have no good excuses, only that I am really lax about making phone calls and much more likely to write.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home